sadly, the chicks arrived today

Quote:
To be honest, I'm giving the whole mail thing another chance, and I am having them resend. Now that you've given me that association, I will go there because I have been trying to find local breeders and the ones listed on this site don't seem to have what I would want. We also got some chicks from the feed store, two stores in fact
big_smile.png
gotta love those impulse buys!
lau.gif
gig.gif
So far, we haven't killed them, and at the moment, going on hour 10 that they've been with us the five remaining newbies are still alive. So, this is a plus at least. Will be keeping a close eye on them though, and will probably be out there several times during the night to make sure they are ok
pop.gif
caf.gif
wee.gif

It must have been awful for you. I ordered mine through the mail for the first time about a month ago and I was absolutely terrified when I got the shipping email. Remember that your experience was not a normal one and your next order will be just fine. My 21 chicks arrived after 2 days in the mail and all were, and still are, fine. Don't be afraid to look forward to the next order...

Good for you for not giving up.Your story is heartbreaking.....
I am certain you will have succsess with your new babies............It is worth every heartbreak .they are so much fun
and so entertaining.
Keep in touch with us..............

I am sorry that must be so disappointing. Most places will replace if loses are that big.
They might have gotten smothered. put in between boxes with no ventilation. here they call you right away if you get chicks in the mail. kinda funny the looks you get.
but the place we ordered from also lets you know when they will be shipped so you can possibly meet the box at the post office as soon as it comes in.

I dont know what your degree of flexibility is, but I always go the Express mail center in Denver and pick mine up before they get to the local post office. If you use the USPS tracker you can tell when they leave the hatchery and can then call the Express mail folks. I have gone down there many times at 9 or ten pm and picked up the chicks. They used to be open 24 hours but I believe they now close at 10. It saves them the next day travel from the DC to you.

Your chicks had something bad happen for sure. I have had chicks lost for 4 days and only lost a couple. They can be darn resilient. At this point it really doesnt matter, it is just too bad that it happened.

It is on Quebec very close to the old Stapleton airport. I live just north of you.

The phone number there is 303 853 6905, I have found them quite helpful

Hope this helps

Great

Quote:
I very rarely get chicks anymore, but when I do I usually do the same thing....different state and airport, but I go to the hub (50 miles away) to pick them up so they don't have to set until the next day. I watch the tracking and when they get there I call them and tell them I'm coming to pick them up.

So sorry to hear.We lost a order of runner duck's from Mc Murray a few years ago.We had about 20-23 DOA out of 30.It was bad I cried for day's over them.They did refund Us and We reordered a month or so later and they all arrived safe minus one if I rememeber.Gosh It's sad and it does happen sometime's but many shipments arrive safely so don't get discouraged.I didn't order any live's last year or this.I bought egg's last year and got some really nice chicks from TSC local this year.Sadly they lost a shipment of bantam's once this time too baaaaaa.I got frizzle's, cochin's, OEGB's, some layers and some duck's too.Hate to think about the beautiful tiny one's they lost.Hugssssssss.Maybe next round will be better for you and the birds.

Quote:
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
i feel so much better now that i have this information and that telephone number. the most horrible thing is, if I would have had that they more than likely would not have died. this means they died in denver, on a cold unheated truck waiting for delivery. which, to be honest just increases my sense of guilt, but i'll work through that, i didn't know
idunno.gif
idunno.gif

but thank you!!!
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

matthew ryan

Back
Top Bottom