Safe to eat eggs?

I don't see any indication of worms but I will as a precaution. I have been putting ACV in the water and gave them a mix of cayenne pepper, garlic, and yogurt. The one hens poo is alot more solid now.I also clean the coop everyday and mix a small amount of DE in their feed

I have to jump in here. I'm in a similar situation. My Olive was huddled in the corner and bloody last night. I cleaned her up and do not see an injury. She's separated from everyone else but she is not eating. She is drinking, but experiencing diarrhea. It is very watery with some yellow. I guess I will worm her? Should I just worm them all? Should I be concerned that this is more than a worm issue?

Our smallest chicken, Tiny, Is always sick. She was a runt so her feet have problems because they are short, she has a tiny bit of bumblefoot, and she had scaly leg mites before. She lays really small eggs that are 1/3 the size they should be. She is a bantom so their eggs are small but hers are way too small. What should I do?? Plases if you have any advice. please let me know. I'm really scared for her. She's only 3 almost 4 years old.
hu.gif
barnie.gif
SO WORRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our smallest chicken, Tiny, Is always sick. She was a runt so her feet have problems because they are short, she has a tiny bit of bumblefoot, and she had scaly leg mites before. She lays really small eggs that are 1/3 the size they should be. She is a bantom so their eggs are small but hers are way too small. What should I do?? Plases if you have any advice. please let me know. I'm really scared for her. She's only 3 almost 4 years old.
hu.gif
barnie.gif
SO WORRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to BYC!
You should probably start your own thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/threads/add/forumId/10

-Kathy

Kathy-

I have no idea what I'm doing. I started having chickens this June, and had 9 chickens, then one died 24 hours after I had started treating with corid, for what I found out was cocci. I finished with corid. Then gave vet rx and electrolytes and nutridrench. I then gave them wazine today at 2 tsp per gal. Now I have durvet safegaurd goat dewormer ordered and should be here early wed am. And plan on giving that to them immediately.

Am I doing this right? Do I need to get something else? Is this the same effectiveness of valbazen? I ordered the 1cc needle-less syringes and I have been giving one chicken who might have a respiratory thing going on (sneezing, shaking head, not hungry, might be depression from the chicken that died) antibiotics, Epson salt bath soak, "spa treatment" a,sulfur and Vaseline on her clean legs after seeing her normally clean fluffy bottom, not so poop free and lack of egg laying, checked for egg bound, not the case.

I noticed the poops today, which I cleaned out the entire run area of all straw so they are on soil, and I cleaned the areas, redecorated the run. They seemed more playful today, and I did notice obvious worms in their poops.

We bough antibiotics, probiotics, electrolytes, vet rx, nutridrench, I dusted with poultry and garden dust, then sevin, each bird once every 10 days twice. It's been unexpectedly very rainy/wet in the high mountain desert area/climate lately.

I washed each chickens feet then dried, applied the sulfured vaseline onto clean legs and feet, a touch on their combs. Am I doing this right? Do I need other stuff? I have raised up all their waterers and feeders and am putting in another new nipple waterer as soon as I figure out how/where to hang the home depot bucket. I plan on using the durvet for 3 days in a row. Is this correct? thank you so much! dawk54, your input would also be appreciated, as IDK what I'm doing and since losing a chicken, I'd rather not take any chances.

Kimberly

Kathy-

I have no idea what I'm doing. I started having chickens this June, and had 9 chickens, then one died 24 hours after I had started treating with corid, for what I found out was cocci. I finished with corid. Then gave vet rx and electrolytes and nutridrench. I then gave them wazine today at 2 tsp per gal. Now I have durvet safegaurd goat dewormer ordered and should be here early wed am. And plan on giving that to them immediately.

Am I doing this right? Do I need to get something else? Is this the same effectiveness of valbazen? I ordered the 1cc needle-less syringes and I have been giving one chicken who might have a respiratory thing going on (sneezing, shaking head, not hungry, might be depression from the chicken that died) antibiotics, Epson salt bath soak, "spa treatment" a,sulfur and Vaseline on her clean legs after seeing her normally clean fluffy bottom, not so poop free and lack of egg laying, checked for egg bound, not the case.

I noticed the poops today, which I cleaned out the entire run area of all straw so they are on soil, and I cleaned the areas, redecorated the run. They seemed more playful today, and I did notice obvious worms in their poops.

We bough antibiotics, probiotics, electrolytes, vet rx, nutridrench, I dusted with poultry and garden dust, then sevin, each bird once every 10 days twice. It's been unexpectedly very rainy/wet in the high mountain desert area/climate lately.

I washed each chickens feet then dried, applied the sulfured vaseline onto clean legs and feet, a touch on their combs. Am I doing this right? Do I need other stuff? I have raised up all their waterers and feeders and am putting in another new nipple waterer as soon as I figure out how/where to hang the home depot bucket. I plan on using the durvet for 3 days in a row. Is this correct? thank you so much! dawk54, your input would also be appreciated, as IDK what I'm doing and since losing a chicken, I'd rather not take any chances.

Kimberly

The safeguard goat wormer will do the job for you, 3 days on a row. You can purchase valbazen in the future for rotation purposes when worming. What antibiotics do you have for the respiratory problem? If in fact it's a respiratory disease, it'll spread among your other birds. If it's something in the environment and is isolated to one hen, try to find the source causing the symptoms and eliminate it.

Kathy-

Kimberly
Sounds like you're doing all the right sort of things. Now might be a good time to get a kitchen scale and get a baseline weight on each one. If any are still growing, weigh them once in awhile until they're full grown. Weight loss or lack of gain is almost always an indication of illness. Weighing them will also enable you to give more accurate doses of wormers and oral or injectable antibiotics.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom