Safe to put ducklings out in smoke?

FluffHoarder

Chirping
Jul 31, 2020
So I just got up and went to move my ducklings outside for the day but here in Washington we’re having a really bad late smoke season. I was wondering if it would be bad to put my almost month old ducklings out in the smoke? I can’t even see down the road with how bad the smoke is

Apologies for my ignorance i don't know what a smoke season is but it doesn't sound good.

I would recommend keep the ducklings in if possible though anything smoke related where you can't see down the road will probably affect their respiratory system negatively

Smoke season is essentially just the worst time of the year when we’re surrounded here in Washington by smoke from various fires around us

Wow that's terrible 😔 I thought it was called fire season so I didn't realise but it makes perfect sense.

I hope you, your family and your ducklings stay safe x

We’re tucked far away from any fires thankfully, it’s just a game of can I keep my birds from getting respiratory problems from the smoke

So I just got up and went to move my ducklings outside for the day but here in Washington we’re having a really bad late smoke season. I was wondering if it would be bad to put my almost month old ducklings out in the smoke? I can’t even see down the road with how bad the smoke is
Smoky air is probably bad for them, but I don't know how bad.

If you think the smoke will be gone soon, and if the air inside is much cleaner, I might keep them in for the day.

But if the smoke is indoors too, or if it will be around for weeks, then I would just put them out and hope for the best. (That's based on a guess about what's practical, not based on actual knowledge of how smoky air affects ducklings.)

Back
Top Bottom