Safely writing on eggs

Quote:
i was doing that with color pencils... then got really lazy LOL... figured i can just put a letter instead of writing their name with a different color each time...

i also write the date... so i know which ones are fresher than others...

Same here. We have a carton setting ready for any eggs we are going to hatch and as soon as they come in the house I mark them with my goofy code. Like this morning one egg was 2-23-SO-B, which meant Feb the 23rd, Spangled Russian Orloff, Roberts strain. I guess it'd be gibberish to anyone else, but me and my boy know what they mean and we are the only ones to mess with the incubator anyway.
big_smile.png

LOL... i didn't want to say that i write code earlier, but i do the same thing... HAHAHAHADKLfjsakdfjs;adlkfas...

it's almost the same... 2/22-T-SQP that's feb 22 thor x silver quail pullet... or 2/22-DLA-BKPL that's feb 22 dark lavender angel x black kieth proctor line... when i gave some to my friend to incubate he was like "what is all of this morse code on your eggs? are these divinche code eggs?" HAHAHA... jerk... then he gave me some and he drew a barcode on them to make fun of me... LOL... i can't wait when i add F1 and F2 to my code... LOL... i also have everything written down in a notebook too... i'm trying to make line breeding as organized as possible...

I just stamp the date of hatch on the egg with a rubber date stamper.. then I keep track of the dates, and any information pertaining to that date in a note book..

I usually have multiple hatches going of all different kinds of eggs.. up to 12oo different eggs..

it might look like this:

2-12, guinea, 30 set, mine, bator #1, tray F..

I have art pencils to use. We use a 9B pencil because it has soft led, so we don't have to press hard for it to show up.

Back
Top Bottom