Sagitta or Turken Rooster?

Leslie T

Chirping
Jul 17, 2019
Does anybody have a working Sagitta rooster in their flock or do you raise Sagitta's? I recently got a bunch of chicks (pullets of various breeds) mostly to be egg layers. I also got 4 pullet Sagitta chicks and 1 cockerel Sagitta. I got the Sagitta as a an experiment to see how I liked the breed, I am entertaining the idea of have meat birds as well but I am not interested in Cornish Cross. So my thought was to keep the Sagitta rooster and couple of the hens for meat bird purposes. All of these chickens will be in the same area. I have a large (used to be horse Coral) chicken coop, a covered area that open on one side and I have a small orchard with 8 fruit trees that they can run around in so I have plenty of space. These Sagitta chicks are growing MUCH faster then the other breeds! Wow! Is this Sagitta rooster going to be a lot bigger then my laying hens to the point of hurting them? I will also have 1 or Turken Roosters so I could keep one of those instead. Any advise for and against the Sagitta rooster in the mixed flock would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom