Salmon Favorelle--Broody???

Thanks! I was very tempted to get a cockerel of them when I get my pullets. Chanteclers are great, calm big birds and everyone I've asked about them have told me they aren't aggressive so I'm sure I'll be fine with them. They are so kinda plain though lol. I think the Favorelle is just so.. unique with his looks lol.

Keep an eye on her. A first time broody may give up on the turkey eggs before they are due to hatch due to the longer incubation period. Also in my experience, Faverolle hens do go broody fairly often.

Keep an eye on her. A first time broody may give up on the turkey eggs before they are due to hatch due to the longer incubation period. Also in my experience, Faverolle hens do go broody fairly often.
The turkey went back to her nest which I had put dummy eggs. After two days of brooding I gave the turkey eggs back to the hen turkey and gave the favorelle her eggs back too. The favorelle roo sets next to the brooding favorelle hen; it will be interesting to see the roo's reaction when the chicks hatch. The silkie hen now has a single turkey poult to care for.

Back
Top Bottom