salmonella pullorum

therandomhatcher

Chirping
Apr 2, 2021
I had a chicken that was pretty sick with white feces. I was pretty certain it had S.P. about a week later, I took the waterer out and forgot to wash it. (I replaced it with a better waterer.) Today, when I was walking out to check them, my dad who was visiting, said that he changed out the waterer they had because it was leaking. He changed it out with the contaminated waterer. I had a week-old Coturnix quail peck for a couple of seconds. will they be okay?

I'm not familiar with the desease you mentioned, but if they are fine after removing the waterer the first time, then removing it again should mean they will be fine.

the quail and chicken are in separate brooders. The chicken is sick. He had the waterer, I took it out, didn't clean it, and replaced it with a better one. My father, when I was walking to check on them, said he changed the week-old quails' waterer which was clean but spilled, with the stagnant waterer with 2-week old feces, bedding, and possible salmonella pullorum in it.

Back
Top Bottom