Salmonella Rant

JimWWhite

Songster
10 Years
Feb 16, 2009
Near Statesville, NC (Iredell County)
I'm sure a lot of you have been reading various articles and watching articles on the national news about the salmonella outbreak and the massive egg recall. As far as I can tell this thing has been the result of one man thumbing his nose at the consumer and the USDA and the FDA. The man's name is Jack DeCoster from Iowa who's been the subject of numerous investigations, fines, and prosecutions in the past for this very same sort of thing. This guy apparently believe that no one should be able to tell him how to run his farm and inspect his operation to ensure the safety of consumers. Not once but several times he's been called on the carpet. The last time he was ordered not to participate in any operations where meat, eggs, or dairy products were being produced. He was banned for several years. What did he do? He went behind the scenes and hired people to put their name on the operations and he ran them just as he was doing before. Hopefully this time the Feds have him their crosshairs and this no good SOB ends up in jail or better yet, dead broke and penniless. This guy has absolutely no conscious about what he's doing or how it affects the public. In my opinion he is a sociopath, not unlike a serial killer who feels no guilt about what he's doing and how it affects the people who unknowingly buy his products. Hopefully he'll be tied up in court for the rest of his life with class action lawsuits from ordinary citizens and criminal prosecutions by the various states and Federal agencies.

That's my rant for the day. If you have something to add or you disagree, well have at it below...

For some reason, I thought he was only banned from PIG production, and so he changed over to eggs... whatever the case. The man has no business being in ANY industrial food business. Unfortunately, I don't think even the operations that ARE following the guidelines should be in business either. I'm looking forward to the day when the pendulum swings BACK to the small farm operation.
smile.png
That's where it belongs.

In my opinion he is a sociopath, not unlike a serial killer who feels no guilt about what he's doing and how it affects the people who unknowingly buy his products.

Seems like there's an awfully lot of them in businesses of all kinds. Big corporations seem to just LOVE that mentality!
roll.png

Quote:
I agree with you..,.
I hope they REALLY put this creep out of business for good!

Back
Top Bottom