Salted duck eggs??

Awesome...thanks! I looked up the dept of agriculture for PA last night..it’s $35 here. I’m going to attempt the salted eggs and see how hard they are...and if they are any good. But, I really think the pickled eggs would sell well here. So these recipes will be great! :). I got my fliers made up after all..hint hint @WannaBeHillBilly ...I’m not so rusty on the computer after all....ugh

Maybe i'm too stupid to understand this:
So to make salted duck egg, you dip a raw, uncooked egg in cooking wine, roll it in salt, place it with its siblings into an airtight container and let it sit for 2-3 weeks.
How does the wine and the salt change the content of an egg through the shell?
As i wrote in another thread, most of my duck's eggs are little marble balls that you could use (raw or cooked) to bust any type of household windows. They last forever, we are still eating the duck's eggs from October last year… So i don't see how that little salt could do something to change the inside of an egg.
Those BBQ eggs i saw in that YT video (that i'm still searching) were cooked, peeled and then put into the smoker for 10 minutes. I see how that can deposit some flavor.

Back
Top Bottom