Same Chick-- OPPOSITE Problem....

Momma_Cluck

Songster
11 Years
Jun 11, 2008
N. West Michigan
Poor little Princess (Her name now)
1st she had an impacted crop--- thatturned out ok... but now she seems to have tho oppisite problem...

her crop is allways either empty or seems to have air in it... she's not growing as fast as the other chicks, and now stays away from them (They pick on her) standing in the corner looking pitiful and lonely.

Is this something I should be concerned about? I make sure she is getting wayter & Electrolyes... I see her drink as well as getting some by hand (She's well spoiled!) and she scarfs yogurt any chance she gets-- but I never find her with a full or even partly full crop..???

Any thoughts folks?

..hi..i dont know if its the right thing to do or not..but..i would bring her in the house..in a animal carrier..or something...get her all set up with food and water..and then watch her like a hawk...okay..not like a hawk...
ep.gif
..lol..but you know what i mean..
smile.png
...so you can see if and what exacly she is or isnt eating...i have heard those poly-vis-sol(no iron) vitamins can help also...good luck!...and dont worry..the experts here will chime in soon and help you out...good luck!..Wendy

the 'air' might be fungus gases.

you can give her some natural apple cider vinegar - i think it's 1 TB per gallon of water. see if that helps.

They are all in the house-- we raise them in a maytag box in my daughters room-- so no drafts and they get constant attention all day...
they allready get Polyvitol and Quick chick alternating with their water, as well as Yogurt (started that Saturday) she DOES gobble-down yogurt-- and the crop gets full-- but otherwise...???

Rather not separate her, as she is a naked-neck/turken and they allready pick on her as she appears "different" and pecked allready-- so re-introducing her may be worse.... but we did have the same thought--- maybe a small wire cage IN the brooder box so they still see her but can't bully her...

I'll try the vinegar too! thanx!

Back
Top Bottom