San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

They are gorgeous.... I thought that LaManchas are allowed elf or no ears....? maybe you could cross with a Nigerian Dwarf if you can't find any Mini LaMancha bucks? There are a lot of Nigerian Dwarf breeders in San Diego.
Thank you
big_smile.png
From what I read females are allowed to have elf ears but bucks are not. I had forgotten that my husband knows one of the 4H goat leaders who breeds Nigerian Dwarfs so he is going to ask her and if all goes well she'll keep them awhile until they are bred. Hopefully we will have babies by next spring or so
fl.gif

Haha!! Thanks Gail, I do believe we've met...when I was there a few days ago getting my little Sussex! Funny! She's doing great, hanging out with her two bigger sisters. They've become quite the quirky trio. Thanks again!!!

Any one know of a rescue in San diego that takes chickens, ducks and rabbits? there is a crippled woman in the neighbor hood that just had a bunch of animals dumped on her, I am not sure of the health of the animals. There are 3 rhode Island red roos, a couple of silkie roos, a rabbit and a couple of ducks, there might be a couple more birds as well, pretty sure they have lice, I just cant take them in, I have more than I need now, so I thought I would post it here, they are all younger than a year old I believe pretty sure the ducks are very young maybe 8 weeks or so, if any of you know of a place please let me know

Hi! I am looking for good quality bearded silkies, are there any breeders anyone can recommend in my area ( I live in North San Diego County ). Thanks in advance for any info.

Any one know of a rescue in San diego that takes chickens, ducks and rabbits? there is a crippled woman in the neighbor hood that just had a bunch of animals dumped on her, I am not sure of the health of the animals. There are 3 rhode Island red roos, a couple of silkie roos, a rabbit and a couple of ducks, there might be a couple more birds as well, pretty sure they have lice, I just cant take them in, I have more than I need now, so I thought I would post it here, they are all younger than a year old I believe pretty sure the ducks are very young maybe 8 weeks or so, if any of you know of a place please let me know

There is a bird rescue that posts on Craigs List all the time. I don't know how legit they are, but they might be an option.

Thank you love your avitar duckie!

Be careful with the livestock rescues on craigslist, especially the "will adopt unwanted farm animals" ones. Lots of them are reselling animals or eating them, some may be doing worse than that. Always ask to visit place, ask to copy identification/see name of person on a utility bill, documentation of the rescue being legit, etc., Also ask to be able to do follow up visits of your livestock.

Back
Top Bottom