San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Hey everyone, I have a rooster emergency! This little guy (born May 29) just started crowing this morning. He's a frizzled naked neck although he does not exhibit the naked neck trait. He's been handled daily since hatch and is very sweet. He'll even perch on your arm or shoulder. Can anyone take him and give him a good home?

You are all cordially invited to the first Annual (Maybe) Lake Elsinore, CPP/BYC South meet-up. The date is November 15 and the location will be at Lake Point Park, at 420 E Lakeshore Dr Lake Elsinore, CA. 92530. Starts at 10am until dusk. There are trees, a playground, restrooms, and 4 picnic tables (1 bbq in the area). Plenty of parking, but will have to make an aprox 100 yard walk. The spot is overlooking the lake and the weather should be perfect. So come one, come all and tell a friend and pack a picnic lunch.
Feel free to add what you're looking for or what you want to bring. And please share the tread. Any questions, PM me... Thanks...

This is a list of what people are looking for or want to bring for sale/trade/rehome. Please feel free to add to this list. thank you;
Old truck and motorcycle tires for the garden or dust bath ares for the coop. $10/$5.

So my niece was stuck on getting a toy breed dog which I shot down due my experience working with small dogs at the Vet Hospital. I suggested a medium dog that fit within LGD criteria or at least, a smaller but not too small breed that wouldn't be bullied by the cats too much.

Instead, she decides she's getting a Husky...so time to fortify the coop and hope there's a decent rooster within the chicks.

So my niece was stuck on getting a toy breed dog which I shot down due my experience working with small dogs at the Vet Hospital. I suggested a medium dog that fit within LGD criteria or at least, a smaller but not too small breed that wouldn't be bullied by the cats too much.

Instead, she decides she's getting a Husky...so time to fortify the coop and hope there's a decent rooster within the chicks.

I would add hot wire to that fortification... Huskies as you know have a strong prey drive.

deb

I have 5 of these smoke damper devices available. Hit me up if interested. I can get more.

-
Quote:

Hey Mike Welcome to BYC....
welcome-byc.gif
From Jacumba.... or there abouts... LOL.

I think I know what you are talking about.... Someone on this thread was using them as a pop door for their coop.... and they had a servo on them so you could open and shut them with a little bit of power and a controller.... Right?

Your picture still didint come through... sorry to say.

deb

ok here is my Brahma Mama coming out.
This is what it is i can take pictures of this tomorrow, I installed one in my coop and it works great. Now more running down for me to open and close my coop. :) ;) Again I have 5 available and can get more. If interested at all please contact me.

- Mike Dee

Back
Top Bottom