San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

I have 18 black sumatra chicks I got them yesterday,so a couple days old. I only want 1 rooster but I need to let them grow a bit so that I can select the one I want. I am sure that I have more than enough and will need to part with the rest of the males and possibly some females but I will probably keep most of my females for eggs and possibly future breeding. Deb, in time If you want I can provide .

If I were living at home Id take you up in a nanosecond... I love roos and would take any you didnt want. Sadly my home is in Jacumba and right now I am living in Santee... I cant do twice a week trips any more.. sixty miles one way.

If they are straight run the luck of the draw says the ratio of males to females will be 50/50. And if you can you should keep the best two roos even three if possible. because once identified its hard to say how they will mature...

When I had Welsummers I ordered 20 females and 5 males.... One male died after they were out in the coop another got got by a predator... Out of the three that were left two were OK.... ONe was stunning... great strong legs and stature... But all three watched out for those hens... my home is predator central... sigh.

awesome offer lets keep in touch...

deb

can do deb ,C I T . I am off of market street and just gave my one adult rooster away , I guess people don't really mind around here, we have had as many as 5 roosters in the past but with new construction I can get away with 1 maybe 2. its a big yard and hopefully the new neibors wont mind.

can do deb ,C I T . I am off of market street and just gave my one adult rooster away , I guess people don't really mind around here, we have had as many as 5 roosters in the past but with new construction I can get away with 1 maybe 2. its a big yard and hopefully the new neibors wont mind.

keep your fingers crossed... I know one fellow up in northern California who breeds rare breeds... He keeps his roos at a friends house and his hens go for conjugal visits....
gig.gif
. So if your new neighbors put up a fuss there is a will and a way...

I have eighteen acres so I can get away with more roos than im supposed to ...
hide.gif
LOL on a quiet day in Santee you can just stand and listen ... There are at least two or three doodle doos where ever I go...

Wow Market street? I used to deliver parts out in that area for a process called passivation prior to electroplating... I just googled it... I was never on the east side of of 5 except to zoom through on 94 The place I was working back in the late seventies was in Steel Canyon... I would bring aircraft hinges for all sorts of final processes...

deb

18 acres wow! I wish I had 1 acre. Deb you have the room 4 them once I decide on what I am keeping you have dibs on the rest of the boys and a female or 2. I worked on the san vicenty resevuar a while back, I amagine your out there and don't mind delivering ,when the time comes
thumbsup.gif

18 acres wow! I wish I had 1 acre. Deb you have the room 4 them once I decide on what I am keeping you have dibs on the rest of the boys and a female or 2. I worked on the san vicenty resevuar a while back, I amagine your out there and don't mind delivering ,when the time comes
thumbsup.gif

LOL... I cant have chickens yet... I don't live there... No one lives there to care for them. Right now my priority is caring for my 99 year old grandmother. I want her to stay in her own home... and cant be away from her for more than a couple of hours unless someone is here to be sure she doesn't fall and to fix her meals.

Besides my place is 60 miles East from San Vicente... and along HWY 8 past Alpine past Pine Valley past Camp past Boulevard....

Keep on the list here there are get togethers occasionally Meet a bunch of us...

deb

Hey everyone! I hadn't planned on going to the Ramona meet up, but I have a bunch of fully feathered chicks to rehome. They roost at night with the adults, and we have started to get some squeaky roo sounds in the morning, so need to move the boys out by the end of this weekend. I got the eggs from TJ chickens for my broody hens. There 17 all together. I am happy to keep a few females or keep none at all. One of my neighbors is not a fan of rooster noises and she will call the city.

I have:
One male/female pair of silver sebrights
One male/female pair of golden sebrights.
I am 90% certain that's the sex, and if so I'd rather they go out in pairs.

Mille Fleur and Porcelain d'uccle pullets and cockerals. 13 of 'em, not sure exactly how many of each. I was going to collect them after dark and put them in a separate cage so I can assess exactly what I have.

They've all been raised by broody mamas & have not been handled much, but they are active and healthy and free range with the flock every afternoon.

I can drive out to Ramona tomorrow if people are interested. Priority goes to people willing to take at least one male. The price is a wallet busting FREE.

Back
Top Bottom