San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

I have ayam cemani,
and ayam cemani x trader Joe leghorns (dalmation chickens). These are so cool.

The dalmation Pullets are $15 and the ayam cemani Pullets $45. laying cemani pullets are $50.

The last Cemani chicks to hatch (about a dozen or so) are for sale as a lot for $100. That is less that $10 each.
Roo has been rehomed so that is the end of them.

Last edited:
The Dalmatians are much bigger now.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hi, everyone I'm new here on byc and I live in North County San Diego. I just started with a small flock of chickens. Wondering where I can get some of the "cooler" laying breeds? Like the welsummer, copper marans, cream legbar, or olive egger.

If you have a kahoots nearby check them out. They get some pretty cool chicks from time to time. :)

...it makes it very hard to go in for feed or dog food sometimes...

Phage...oh my word. You are tempting me!! Hubs is giving me the Look haha.

(In other news, how did I JUST find this thread? Haven't been looking, obviously!)

Do you remember what feed store you got them from? The ones I have checked out don't carry welsummers
Double S Feed in East County. They were buying from Red Wing hatchery at the time. Red Wing is a California hatchery and they dont sell to the general public they only sell to Feed stores and such.

I do know there are some breeders here but dont know who they are... Meaning here on this list.

deb

Sadly I do have a kahoots here, but no chicks ever. Just parakeets and bunnies. So far I've been to Hawthorne's in Escondido and the Country Feed Store in Vista. Hawthorne's didn't have any of the breeds I was looking for, and the feed store in Vista had way better prices for pullets, I got a Java and Cuckoo maran.Though I would love to get a black Copper Maran still in the future. I did find a local breeder on here and will be getting a Cream Legbar today from her :) Oh man, chickens are addicting!

Back
Top Bottom