San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Maybe. But it would be on a smaller scale and maybe even just a few hens for eggs (like a NORMAL PERSON).
Also putting it all into storage is going to be a total pain.

Ha ha! I noticed you didn't mention giving up your cabinet incubator. As long as you have that incubator, it's going to be a challenge to keep just a few hens. I know how chicken math works.:lol:

Here are my cream legbar chicks. Hoping for our first blue egg any day now.

This is Cashew. She got a little confused and tried to roost in a bush instead of her coop.
View attachment 1073096

This is Walnut. She's showing off her fancy hairdo.

View attachment 1073097

Any eggs from those ladies yet? Mine are 21wks & I'm wondering if any will start to lay soon/

IMG_4575.JPG
Any eggs from those ladies yet? Mine are 21wks & I'm wondering if any will start to lay soon/
We gout our first egg from this pair today. At 25 weeks I was starting to wonder!

Her egg on the left, RIR in the middle and Trader Joe's egg on the right. (.$50/dozen this weekend!!!)

Hi, everyone I'm new here on byc and I live in North County San Diego. I just started with a small flock of chickens. Wondering where I can get some of the "cooler" laying breeds? Like the welsummer, copper marans, cream legbar, or olive egger.

Hi, everyone I'm new here on byc and I live in North County San Diego. I just started with a small flock of chickens. Wondering where I can get some of the "cooler" laying breeds? Like the welsummer, copper marans, cream legbar, or olive egger.
This thread is actually where I got my cream legbars. There are a number of breeders / hatching addicts!

Welcome aboard and to BYC :welcome I dont have chickens right now but I got my Welsummers at the feed store. Hatchery quality but Dang when they grew up they were pretty close to the standard.

There are several breeders here... good luck

deb

Back
Top Bottom