San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Thanks for the response. :) We wouldn't be opposed to a really early rescue, but prefer chicks. Like if someone got chicks and decided they couldn't afford a coop or something like that. Plus, Grass Valley is "hecka far" from here!

Thanks for the response. :) We wouldn't be opposed to a really early rescue, but prefer chicks. Like if someone got chicks and decided they couldn't afford a coop or something like that. Plus, Grass Valley is "hecka far" from here! 

They do come down south one or twice a year for adoptions. Contact them and see the next time they are coming :love :cd

You can try Chickens Galore in Norco, they have beautiful birds and it's only about a 2 hour drive, makes a nice outing to go pick out chicks from a breeder with healthy birds.

You can try Chickens Galore in Norco, they have beautiful birds and it's only about a 2 hour drive, makes a nice outing to go pick out chicks from a breeder with healthy birds.

Appreciate the tip. I think we're going to wait until local breeders are ready. Hopefully in early March.

We San Diegans turn our noses up at all things LA. I know it's only 2 hours but...

I'll have Crested Cream Legbar chicks available in a day or two, if you're interested.

Yes, very interested! We could pick-up this weekend for sure. We live in the city so we can only keep pullets. Since they are autosexed we would only like 2. (5 hens max in our area. We have 3 RIRs that were hatched 5/12/2016 and are doing great.)

Please PM me the details.

Last edited:
I'll have Crested Cream Legbar chicks available in a day or two, if you're interested.

We picked them up on Sunday... they are totally adorable and doing really well. Our brooder is under the covered patio in our backyard and it's super cute to hear their little tweets and getting responded to by our other chickens. I got them out earlier today while the others were free ranging and everyone came over to have a look. Fun times.

Holy guacamole... I haven't been on BYC in a long time. Glad to still see some familiar faces!

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom