San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Hey, can I be an honorary San Diegan? Recent transplant to Temecula from North County.
Welcome aboard.....
welcome-byc.gif
from Jacumba.... we got peeps from all over Southern CA.

deb

I have had some questions about the rabbits I am selling or rehoming, so here are pics and descriptions of what I have right now

Mini Rex (youngsters):- Pedigree available for all four, I would say these are breeder/pet quality due to markings. Charlies have not enough color/missing markings and booted have more than 50% color. Still can be useful in breeding programs or make excellent pets. Prices depend on quality and if pedigree is included. $15 and up.

Black/Orange Tricolor Blue/Fawn Tricolor Black/Orange Tricolor Blue/Fawn Tricolor
(Charlie Marked) Doe (Booted) doe - long ears (charlie marked) Doe (Booted) Buck

Netherland dwarf - No pedigree. Sable Point Mini Rex Buck - Pedigreed
Big brood doe, but I would like to
see her in a pet home.

Last edited:
Hi folks, I'm in Escondido and I have black, blue and splash Breda for sale in the sale forum. They are 3 months old and cute if anyone is interested. Thanks, Laura

Hi Everyone,
I have friends that just built a nice coop. He's a contractor and was able to build it from materials stored around his place without spending a dime.

They've had some really bad luck. One of those "YOU WHAT?!" stories...every time I hear from her it's something new and NOT good.

I'm giving them a couple of young pullets and if they want, a cockerel... I have plenty of those. Does anyone have younger birds 3 months to a year that they just can't use in their flock but would like to give them a great life? She'd love some chickens that lay colored eggs. I'm giving her some light brown layers. Anyone with some green eggers or olive eggers? They don't have to lay colored eggs though. They don't have to be purebred either, just no bad vices please.

PM me and I'll arrange to come and get them. She's got some ground beef tongue, liver, etc that she mixed all together with the plan on making dog treats. She could trade some of it for some birds. It's from free range fed cattle here in Julian.

They're painting the inside of the coop today so birds can go into it at the end of next week, next Sat. for sure.

Thanks for at least thinking about it. Have a super day!! Going outside to prime the inside of the trailer coop...still working on it with my 8 yr. old. Getting there though!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom