Sand and ducks

Megan_Dee

Chirping
Dec 8, 2019
Boise Idaho
I’ve seen a lot of people post about sand. Some pros some cons.
There’s one particular area of the duck run that’s just dirt and muddy and when I put straw there it just got worse. So I was going to try sand next.
Anyway..not the point.
A local materials company (where I get my garden dirt and mulch) also has something called “reject sand” for like $9 a truckload.
They describe is as unrefined sand with some small aggregate pieces.
Do you think this is okay to try? Or do I need to get special type of sand for the ducks?
I have muscovies, btw, if that matters lol

pic for cuteness

Attachments

• 22A069AA-3BD1-4391-B187-A1158E21333F.jpeg
    22A069AA-3BD1-4391-B187-A1158E21333F.jpeg
    453.7 KB · Views: 17
Asked my friend Google "What is reject sand" and upon others it listed me this web-site:
http://www.copesandgravel.com/reject-fill-sand.htmlThere they say: »Also known as fill sand or as dug sand, reject sand is a unwashed sand with some content of small aggregates. Ideal as a cost effective fill material for covering pipes and cables. You will find it in volleyball pits and sand boxes as a bedding sand.«
I guess that's exactly what your ducks want! Unwashed sand with a bit loam, some pebbles that can serve as grit and other exciting stuff like twigs and leaves.

Asked my friend Google "What is reject sand" and upon others it listed me this web-site:
http://www.copesandgravel.com/reject-fill-sand.htmlThere they say: »Also known as fill sand or as dug sand, reject sand is a unwashed sand with some content of small aggregates. Ideal as a cost effective fill material for covering pipes and cables. You will find it in volleyball pits and sand boxes as a bedding sand.«
I guess that's exactly what your ducks want! Unwashed sand with a bit loam, some pebbles that can serve as grit and other exciting stuff like twigs and leaves.
Thanks!
I used my friend google too, but I didn’t know if that’s what ducks want haha
Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom