Sand?

JamminCats

Chirping
Apr 13, 2020
Hi everyone! I’m looking to switch over to sand in my coop and run. I’ve read that you can’t use plays sand which leaves me really confused… I didn’t realize there was different types of sand? If I were to go to Lowe’s can someone show me a picture (of the package) of exactly what type of sand I would be buying so can make sure I get the right thing.

I use tube sand, from Home Depot or Lowes (they sell the same stuff). **this is not my picture, it's a screenshot**
Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 8.43.01 AM.png

Hi everyone! I’m looking to switch over to sand in my coop and run. I’ve read that you can’t use plays sand which leaves me really confused… I didn’t realize there was different types of sand? If I were to go to Lowe’s can someone show me a picture (of the package) of exactly what type of sand I would be buying so can make sure I get the right thing.
Sand is perfectly fine! I'd use builder's sand (varied sizes) but make sure to dry it out first. I'd probably have a few inches of cover, it could end up being expensive depending on the size of the run. I don't live in america so idk about lowes!

Tube sand is cheaper per lb than bags of play sand. I bought play sand from 2 different locations. One was soft, one was course even though it was supposedly the same stuff. It took 12 bags to fill my 4x8 run.

Tube sand is cheaper per lb than bags of play sand. I bought play sand from 2 different locations. One was soft, one was course even though it was supposedly the same stuff. It took 12 bags to fill my 4x8 run.
I’ve been told to not use play sand under any circumstances as it’s bad for the chickens respiratory health. I honestly just don’t know the difference and want to make sure I don’t buy the wrong stuff

Back
Top Bottom