Sanford, NC family fined $1300 day for chickens!Update She Found US!!!

I agree with you, Judymae, I can't write a letter for fear it would get ugly! I can be VERY passionate, and say whats on my mind. I have been trying to think of a short to the point note that might help, the more detailed the uglier it can get. But I vote yes every day!

Thank you all.

You can let your voice be heard in the media. Start emailing the national news. Maybe redundancy will help them pick this issue up. Use facts and examples of cities this is working in. Use examples of economic benefits, health benefits and green benefits. Attached copies of news articles supporting these topics. Start blogs or keep adding comments to the ireport.

Is anyone making any egg signs for our picket? I was just wondering, because I want about fifty of them.

Alex, have you contacted Mr. Joy's owner yet? She could help you maybe. Her rooster goes with her EVERYWHERE (Charlotte, NC). I posted some links about him in this thread yesterday.

Whoo.. I finally caught up on all the posts. Alex.. I think you should definately be there with your shirts on, and chickens too!
I have posted comments, and have tried to vote in the poll, but I can't find where to do that on the newspaper website.
I am behind you 100%. Send me a private message to let me know where my son can send a picket sign, and we will get it in the mail to you ASAP. He's a great artist, and would love to do his part to help you out!

I love how BYC unites with positive support for families in need of a helping hand! You guys are great!

Alex, be careful with that. Call the city first and see if PETS are allowed at the celebration. Don't say chickens.
If they don't allow pets I wouldn't bring them because you'll get kicked out and everyone will think you ARE the "crazy chicken lady from Sanford" for breaking the rules.

On the other hand if they say pets ARE allowed...by all means bring them...preferably while the mayor and city council members are speaking at the podium.

I have not contacted Mr. Joys owner yet. I did look at the newspaper article from Charlotte and I chose not to print it out because it had some things in it that I new Sanford would be afraid of.

* I don't know about taking the chickens, it would disrupt their routine, expose them to too much crowds and noise and attention for their own good, I think. Maybe one sedate hen could go-- but don't forget, she'd also probably might have to be quarantined when you got her home. I'm not trying to be negative-- just thinking of the chickens. . . . I WOULD have everyone who is supporting you wear their CLUCKS t-shirts, for sure!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom