Sapphire Chickens

I think @R2elk in Wyoming has them....seems to me I remember being offered some hatching eggs next time I'm in his area....super nice person, as all of us here in Wyoming are!
wink.png
You can either go to the Wyoming Unite thread by doing a search for it in the bar, or just PM....pretty prompt at responding.

*** Question ***
Does this person have the Blue Barred Rocks? for the Sapphire Gems Hybrid? If so how do we get in touch with him/her

Thanks

Rick

*** Question ***
Does this person have the Blue Barred Rocks? for the Sapphire Gems Hybrid? If so how do we get in touch with him/her

Thanks

Rick
I saw your post on the gem thread.
This thread and these "sapphires" are not the sapphire gems.
These sapphires are a crested cream legbar Xs white leghorn hybrid.
The sapphire gems are a sex link hybrid using a splash rock type rooster over barred rock hens.

I recently read a UK blog post about a crested cream legbar roo and White leghorn hen cross called a Sapphire. According to the post these birds lay a blue egg and have high production. Has anyone raised any? Anyone have any photos of the grown birds or their eggs? The blog didnt have any photos and when you google sapphire chicken you dont get many relevant results.
I recently read a UK blog post about a crested cream legbar roo and White leghorn hen cross called a Sapphire. According to the post these birds lay a blue egg and have high production. Has anyone raised any? Anyone have any photos of the grown birds or their eggs? The blog didnt have any photos and when you google sapphire chicken you dont get many relevant results.
I am trying to find a more current thread on this subject. I crossed CCLB with my White Leghorn and the chicks are about 5 weeks old. I have pictures and would like to compare with others.

I crossed my CCL rooster with a brown Leghorn, the chicks are a few weeks old. I also have game hen, americauna, and cukoo orphington crossed with the same roo. Unfortunately I'm not sure who is who.

I crossed my CCL rooster with a brown Leghorn, the chicks are a few weeks old. I also have game hen, americauna, and cukoo orphington crossed with the same roo. Unfortunately I'm not sure who is who.
Your BL crosses should look about like you CCL.
Ameraucana crosses should have pea combs and beards.
Cuckoo orp crosses should be mostly black with barring.
Unsure of game hen crosses since no info about hens color/pattern.
Any of that seem to match your chicks?

Your BL crosses should look about like you CCL.
Ameraucana crosses should have pea combs and beards.
Cuckoo orp crosses should be mostly black with barring.
Unsure of game hen crosses since no info about hens color/pattern.
Any of that seem to match your chicks?
I tried to post a photo of the game but I couldn't figure it out. She is most likely crossed with something. She is kinda like a light brown :)i dunno
vague enough?)
Sorry I'm not too tech savvy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom