Sapphire gem chick genders

Applecrisp Acres

Songster
May 15, 2021
Srry I've tried to put this post in the right section so maybe one of the admins can put it into the what breed or gender? Thread for me. Anyhow so chicken experts are these two both roosters or is the lavender a hen IMG_20210515_170322_228.jpg IMG_20210515_170322_262.jpg

Last edited:
It is very young to tell, and often times people are mistaken, but I have found that if I ever think, Wait, is that a rooster?? I am generally right. First look, I thought the top one has a rooster look to him...maybe.
Thanks mrs.k

Hi, welcome to the forum from Louisiana. Glad you joined. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of posting with a little practice.

Yes, too young to be sure. Usually 5 weeks is a good age to post photos and ask about gender. My first impression due to the legs and posture is the top is a boy and the bottom a girl but way too soon to make any decisions. Either could go either way.

Hi, welcome to the forum from Louisiana. Glad you joined. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of posting with a little practice.

Yes, too young to be sure. Usually 5 weeks is a good age to post photos and ask about gender. My first impression due to the legs and posture is the top is a boy and the bottom a girl but way too soon to make any decisions. Either could go either way.
Ok and thanks

Back
Top Bottom