Sapphire Splash Pictures?

Here’s a couple pictures of my girls at 16 weeks (chicks arrived May 28)
8315442E-D3DA-4AC0-A7BF-56F904089A81.jpeg
CB9E155C-BFD3-4B63-937E-E4BABC8FF84B.jpeg
. No one is laying yet, looks like we are still a couple weeks out.
815CD925-737C-4BE2-BDA3-1C64E41A9756.jpeg

The rooster is a splash I have to saphire gems and the rest are Rhode islands. The rooster has an awful temperament. He is very mean
Do you have any more pictures of your roo? I have a pair that showed up as strays and the rooster looks a lot like your boy. Maybe they’re sapphire splash. I hadn’t heard of the breed before.

Also @coorain your birds are super pretty!

Thanks! I am very proud of them (first time raising birds from day old chicks). I had originally wanted Sapphire Gems, but I am really glad to have the splashes- they are easier to tell apart!

I'll update this thread when they start to lay for those interested in info on this breed!

It’s so fun raising them from chicks isn’t it!! I love seeing them grow up. I have sapphire gems and they are hard to tell apart for sure. They have differences, but subtle. I don’t remember seeing the sapphire splash when I picked mine out.

I have one I was told is a sapphire splash, but I suspect she is laying jumbo white eggs because it sure isn't my bantys. Does that mean I have a splash andalusian instead?

Back
Top Bottom