Sassiest Boy Contest - Ends May 31, 2023

Name: Almanzo
Breed: I think he’s a Cochin
He was a huge surprise and I love him but I better go back a bit on how I got him. My friend had gotten two cocks by mistake she begged me to take one I agreed and adopted what I thought was a light Brahma named knight he was very skittish and the hens pecked him something horrible my buff orpington Hope disliked him the most and would tell him with a huge peck when ever she could he wouldn’t even leave the coop he was awkward and scared but I loved him I started spending lots of time with him it took a while but he started sitting on my lap like my hens I was thrilled well he grew into a handsome regal boy and his favorite hen was Hope who loved him and would follow him around! (Lol) but he started slicing open my hens and he wasn’t good with little kids I had to rehome him it broke my heart I loved him so much I never ever wanted another rooster it was too heartbreaking the lady I gave him to felt bad I was so sad and gave me three chicks I fell in love and soon bonded to them I named them Amelia an adorable frizzle and the two Cochins or supposed to be violet and Natasha nicknamed Nat Nat well Nat Nat and Violet turned out to be cocks I renamed Nat Nat Almanzo and Violet Royal I love them so much! Almanzo is starting to get his personality he is a bit nervous of the big hens but he still struts like he owns the place he still sits in my lap and has been trying to figure out how to mate he hasn’t got the hang of it yet! It’s so sweet when he calls his brother and sister to the treats and food I love all his adorable noises! I hope that I will be able to keep my new little cocks they are so special they remind me of my old rooster knight maybe one day I’ll be able to get one of knights chicks but for now I’m happy with my dear little flock And my flocks future king Almanzo!!!
BEF148E1-9FE3-4FA1-8ACF-2E6500858793.jpeg

Name: Almanzo
Breed: I think he’s a Cochin
He was a huge surprise and I love him but I better go back a bit on how I got him. My friend had gotten two cocks by mistake she begged me to take one I agreed and adopted what I thought was a light Brahma named knight he was very skittish and the hens pecked him something horrible my buff orpington Hope disliked him the most and would tell him with a huge peck when ever she could he wouldn’t even leave the coop he was awkward and scared but I loved him I started spending lots of time with him it took a while but he started sitting on my lap like my hens I was thrilled well he grew into a handsome regal boy and his favorite hen was Hope who loved him and would follow him around! (Lol) but he started slicing open my hens and he wasn’t good with little kids I had to rehome him it broke my heart I loved him so much I never ever wanted another rooster it was too heartbreaking the lady I gave him to felt bad I was so sad and gave me three chicks I fell in love and soon bonded to them I named them Amelia an adorable frizzle and the two Cochins or supposed to be violet and Natasha nicknamed Nat Nat well Nat Nat and Violet turned out to be cocks I renamed Nat Nat Almanzo and Violet Royal I love them so much! Almanzo is starting to get his personality he is a bit nervous of the big hens but he still struts like he owns the place he still sits in my lap and has been trying to figure out how to mate he hasn’t got the hang of it yet! It’s so sweet when he calls his brother and sister to the treats and food I love all his adorable noises! I hope that I will be able to keep my new little cocks they are so special they remind me of my old rooster knight maybe one day I’ll be able to get one of knights chicks but for now I’m happy with my dear little flock And my flocks future king Almanzo!!!View attachment 3519332
So cute! Why is he named Almanzo?:love

Name: Fizz Bang
Breed: Americana
Story: Fizz Bang was purchased as a pullet along with 5 others. It didn't take long for his red shoulder feathers to start coming in, about 3 weeks, and he has the big attitude to back his roo-ness up. He likes to fly up on top of the coops and crow as loud as possible all day long. His talents also include his rooster dance, side eye, and strut. If im outside he likes to chatter at me and tell me off, even though im the one who feeds him. He knows he can get away with anything, yes he will bite the hand that feeds him, because he's protected by my husband who spent several years as the only guy on the property so won't let me get rid of The Fizz 🤣

Attachments

• 20230522_185617.jpg
    20230522_185617.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230522_185511.jpg
    20230522_185511.jpg
    511.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220514_110441.jpg
    20220514_110441.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 7
Name: Fizz Bang
Breed: Americana
Story: Fizz Bang was purchased as a pullet along with 5 others. It didn't take long for his red shoulder feathers to start coming in, about 3 weeks, and he has the big attitude to back his roo-ness up. He likes to fly up on top of the coops and crow as loud as possible all day long. His talents also include his rooster dance, side eye, and strut. If im outside he likes to chatter at me and tell me off, even though im the one who feeds him. He knows he can get away with anything, yes he will bite the hand that feeds him, because he's protected by my husband who spent several years as the only guy on the property so won't let me get rid of The Fizz 🤣
He's a looker! :love

Back
Top Bottom