Satellite TV

Randy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
AR
big_smile.png
Just got satellite tv today and for the first time ever in my life have more than one channel.
ya.gif
We're talking several decades here. I think this is going to be harder to get use to than having internet. I'll never get any work done now. LOL Well I think I'll get off of here and do some channel surfing.
woot.gif

Now your in trouble,the people in the box will now tell you how to live.this is a good example even with the religion...
Farrell & Farrell - "People In A Box"

I refuse to pay for TV, but I want a big ugly dish (known as a BUD) to get C-band, the legal free (FTA, free-to-air) TV with. It's all network, but you get multiple time zones, so when they put your 2 favs on at once, you can catch one in a later time zone.

Once upon a time, I had pay TV, and found that many of the channels they charge you for are actually free-to-air network, a bunch of others are crap you never watch, and you're paying for something like 100 channels or so, a third of with are FTA anyway, and of the rest, there's maybe 10 or so you actually watch.

Oh, and don't think you have to record everything, they repeat almost everything, to the point that you want to heave brick through the screen.

I understand though, we had really bad reception with the roof antenna, we only got 2 channels consistently, and 2 or 3 others once in a while, but usually not while there was anything on we actually wanted to see. When we got the converter box, the channels we get clearly and consistently went up to 16. (more, really, but some are things we don't watch and I deleted them) Of course, if the weather's bad, we lose half of those. When I get a BUD, that clear up, because if you get a dish 39" or more, you hardly ever lose reception from bad weather. It's nice to have a variety of stations to watch. I want to get netflicks, to catch up on series I can't get on FTA, like True Blood and Dr. Who.

Back
Top Bottom