Satin paint silkie hen

Amarie420

Chirping
Mar 18, 2023
Can anyone post a photo of their satin paint silkie HEN here so I can compare to mine. Actually, roos are fine too... I'm just really worried that my very favorite chicken is a boy 😭😭💔💔 please, help a girl out...

I don't have one of those, but if you post a picture of yours I should be able to sex for you, as long as he/she isn't too young, that is.
How old is he/she?

I don't have one of those, but if you post a picture of yours I should be able to sex for you, as long as he/she isn't too young, that is.
How old is he/she?
That's what I'm afraid of lol someone telling me what I think I already know 😭😭 their almost 5 months.

Attachments

• 20230823_093543.jpg
    20230823_093543.jpg
    902 KB · Views: 20
That's what I'm afraid of lol someone telling me what I think I already know 😭😭 their almost 5 months.
Hmm, it's a bit hard to tell if I'm seeing male specific feathering or not.

So do you mind getting another picture closer of the area I circled? Slip your hand underneath the feathers so it's easier to see their shape, and take a picture.
If the feathers are long and pointy, its a cockerel. If they're round and shorter it's a pullet.
20230823_093543.jpg

Do they show any male behavior at all?

Hmm, it's a bit hard to tell if I'm seeing male specific feathering or not.

So do you mind getting another picture closer of the area I circled? Slip your hand underneath the feathers so it's easier to see their shape, and take a picture.
If the feathers are long and pointy, its a cockerel. If they're round and shorter it's a pullet.
View attachment 3620458

Do they show any male behavior at all?
I will tomorrow. She's very sweet, not dominant over the other chickens, no crowing. Has squared up with a very obvious rooster we had that hatched the same day, but so had my other girls...

Back
Top Bottom