Savannah Playhouse Coop with Pics * Update Oct 18th, Crunched the roof

MichiganWoods

DD (Artistic Digital Diva)
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
West Michigan
This is the smaller (5'11"x4'4") of our two coops. The big one (8'x12') is for laying hens and a roo, but this one will be the chicken infirmary
tongue.png

According to the box, you're supposed to have two people putting this together. I didn't need any assistance (though my aching body is telling me otherwise!) until it came to putting the roof panels on. I got creative in getting the first one up, but when my husband finally rolled in from work, I had him stand there and hold the remaining 5 panels while I screwed them into place. Finally gave up for the evening when the sun started setting, and my power drill ran out of juice.
roll.png

So here it is after getting all the walls drilled and screwed together, then assembled into a standing structure.

chickenhospital1.jpg

Here it is with the rafters assembled and attached.

chickenhospital2.jpg

And here it is with the roof! There are a few more decorative shingles to add before it "looks" done.

chickenhospital3.jpg

Last edited:
Very cute! I got a similar one but square instead rectangular and am in the process of putting it together too. I'm going to use one window for an external nest box so I can have more room inside.

Keep us updated. Oh wait is this where you are going to put the nest boxes that you posted? That will be nice!

Nancy

Oh no, the nest boxes are going inside of my 8'x12' coop. This one is for my sick chickies, aka, The Infirmary. I was told in no uncertain terms that I'd want a separate housing unit to place any sick/injured chickens in, so I'm just trying to prepare myself.

The lady a few blocks away from me does. She'd be the one that told me to get a second structure.
tongue.png
If I end up not needing it for that, then I'll put broodies in there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom