Saving seeds and feeding my girls:)

mat2dong

Songster
7 Years
Jun 17, 2012
Sorry if this video is off topic but I just wanted to show my girls eating and loving zucchini seeds! I try and give them more and more foods that I grow:)

Last edited:
I feed my birds stuff out of the garden all year long. In the hot summers here I raise watermelons especially for the chickens. I put two sugar baby's in my ice maker everyday & then at the hottest part of the day I'll split them eat some myself & give the rest to the birds. I think it really helps them get through the hot days. But back to the topic of garden feeding. Its great for the birds & will help off set your feed bill along with free ranging your birds.

I recently got back from a week-long vacation and I gathered all the overgrown zukes and cukes (you know, the ones that look like baseball bats), and have been splitting them in half and giving them to the chickens. They eat all the but the shell.
big_smile.png

I feed my birds stuff out of the garden all year long. In the hot summers here I raise watermelons especially for the chickens. I put two sugar baby's in my ice maker everyday & then at the hottest part of the day I'll split them eat some myself & give the rest to the birds. I think it really helps them get through the hot days. But back to the topic of garden feeding. Its great for the birds & will help off set your feed bill along with free ranging your birds.

That is a great idea for both the girls and me:) Keep us both cool! LOL

This is my 1st time getting chickens and I want to feed them as much fresh foods as I can! They are out in my big back yard all day everyday and they must be getting enough food because they are eating little feed. I hope this keeps up:)

I recently got back from a week-long vacation and I gathered all the overgrown zukes and cukes (you know, the ones that look like baseball bats), and have been splitting them in half and giving them to the chickens. They eat all the but the shell.
big_smile.png

That is so cool!! My girls love the stuff!!

Back
Top Bottom