saw my mailman throwing my eggs

there are millions of people without work that would do anything to get a job, and these people that HAVE a job, and do their work like they dont wanna be there.
roll.png

I ship live fish in the post and I always worry about them getting to their destination alive. I only ship for delivery next day before 1pm (it's a small country), so they're not in transit too long.

My OH once spoke to a lad who used to work in a sorting office. He said that any package with the words 'Fragile' would get 'special treatment', because they felt indignant at being told how to handle the parcels... Football was a popular game in that office...

Last weekend, we drove 7 hours to pick up some eggs. We picked up 12 and only 5 are developping. I know it's the end of the season and maybe fertility has taken a hit, but I still feel like
hit.gif

On 'the other side of the pond 'we have trouble, too. Our post comes along 10 miles of tiny bumpy roads to our house and then our 200 feet pot-holed drive which some posties take at 60 mph as a challenge.

Several deliveries have resulted in a zero hatch rate
sad.png

However, a recent postie came carrying the box very carefully and said "I think you have eggs'.....I said I was sure that's what it was, congratulated him on his careful handling, and suggested I would always be happy to collect them from the depot. I had 5/6 hatch, and I have spoken to this particular postie, pointed out the chicks, saying it was due to his care with the contents.

I am hoping to 'convert' the other posties.

PACKAGING IS EVERYTHING!
WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY!
People have some old fashioned notion that postal people are being rough with their packages
The fact of the matter is these packages are sorted in processing centers that are ABSOLUTELY HUGE....miles and miles of conveyor belts and high tech machinery....over and over again........PS these machines cannot and DO NOT read your fragile stickers....Millions probably billions are processed EVERYDAY!
Human hands barely touch them. The end of the line ...by your own mailman....period
THANKFULLY birds and chicks are treated a little different....even when sent at the absolute cheapest garbage rate. Seems to me most people are still human and do care about the only living thing that they move across the country.
Sorry....BUT that is the truth....UPS ....Fed EX....the absolute same.....you only need to see these processing centers to understand.

@ Peachie

Hi! Welcome to here!

As far as I am aware, these huge conveyor belts (that I have worked on)
do not play football with packages and are, in fact, designed to 'handle'
or despatch the packages with a minimum of time, contact, etc. That is its
operation.

As you will know, the weakest part of any chain, is in the weakest link.
The postie/courier that drops a consignment is all it takes. Squillions of
cash thrown at high-end machinery is literally rendered pointless when
a significant (i.e. live) package is nearly destroyed.

I genuinely wish it was feasable for me to offer a motorbike courier service
for live packages but sadly not so. I would love to be in a job that cared
for its customers and live shipments.

;-)

Well I'm the carrier delivering um
smile.png
After they get done with um AND you MUST admit.....Packaging is the key and ALL the fragile stickers in the world mean nothing!

Quote:
The couriers do not care. I had a problem with damaged goods. It was an obvious postal error. Even the service admitted it was their fault. They said they would not do anything. "It should have been insured". They told me to call the vendor.

Back
Top Bottom