Saw this ad on CL... seriously, I don't believe this

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
at least she is trying to find a home instead of just letting the kids kill em

Ahhh! I have seen the excact same thing. That is how i got started on ducks this year. A lady bought 3 of them brought them home showed her kids, let them play with them a little bit. Then she tried to take them back to the feed store a few hours later. I was like OMG! Really, so i took them. She wanted the 5 dollars a piece she paid for them. I gave her 3 dollars. A dollar for each. And the bag of feed, waterer, feed trough, and the wood chips. Haha! She lost alot of money that day. Hopefully it will teach her to not buy chicks or ducks just for fun.
somad.gif

At the feed store I work at we have a 10 chick minimum. When I see people I am sure dont have chickens, I do everything possible to discourage them. We didnt carry any bunnies the week before Easter. Havent had ducklings for the last 2 weeks and very little chicks. This week we are being hit hard with chicks and bunnies. Most of our customers are regulars that I know have chickens. People that came in the week or a few days before asking about starting up raising chickens I inform them of everything necessary to sucessful raise them then tell them to research and think about til they are ready. Most will leave without the chicks that day. The rest have to take at least 10 so that discourages the Easter people. It boils me to see this happen. I have even had people ask me to sell them some of my chicks at home. Not gonna happen for Easter.

Someone offered me 8 baby ducks that they bought to have for the kids for one day. Sadly dh won't let me have them. I am really shocked that someone would be so cruel to the animals and the kids.

Back
Top Bottom