Saw this ad on CL... seriously, I don't believe this

I just checked my local CL to see if there were any ads. I will keep checking for the next week or so. Fortunatley there were none as of now. Stupid Stupid people....
rant.gif

This just blows me away to hear all these stories that you all have seen or heard about. I really didn't think people were this stupid.

Quote:
I have been checking mine regularly all day. And will be doing it all week as well. None here yet either, but im sure they will show up for the both of us.
barnie.gif

Quote:
Glad you noted how hard it is on the kids! Find a baby animal in your Easter Basket, and you expect it to be a new pet, and to live out its life with you. How does the parent explain that the new pet is gone?!

If you want to enjoy an animal for a SHORT while, find someone who will loan you theirs and teach you about it. Or arrange ahead of time for a new permanent home where it can be visited--all this BEFORE purchasing.

One year a lady got my name for eggs to hatch in her and her husband's classrooms. The understanding is ALWAYS that I get the chicks back. The kids get to watch them for a time, but they are mine. Between this pair, they hatched several dozens of chicks (beyond the ones I supplied), and did not have a plan for what to do with them all--the other egg suppliers did not really want the chicks back.
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
I took a few extra, and gave all but one away to a neighbor. I think this teacher figured out that I was NOT happy about her lack of planning--she hasn't called be back to ask for eggs again (the answer would be "no.") But I have another school that hatches every year--we have a GREAT relationship--they are LOTS of fun...and responsible.

I dont see anything wrong the ad at all...
They are doing the responsible thing and getting rid of them because they dont want to raise chickens.
How many of us have sold or given away extra chicks/ chickens?? Whats so different about these folks?
I think its nice they dont want any money for them either....

Quote:
I guess if they had kept it for awhile and then decided that chicken raising wasn't for them it would be one thing. Getting rid of them the day after Easter says something else==that they never planned to keep it: a toy for a day.

Back
Top Bottom