Saxony Ducklings

Learningstill

Songster
6 Years
Jun 10, 2013
We have four adults and ordered four or five (I cannot remember) ducklings which we will get next month.

Nyssa03

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 7, 2012
Eastern Washington State
Hi - we have Saxony ducks - 10 ducks and 2 drakes -- we had 3 drakes but one was stolen by a coyote last winter. Actually 2 drakes is PLENTY -- they keep the girls very busy. I am hoping to gather some eggs and incubate them starting in a couple of weeks - just recently put the boys and girls back together. We had them separated for the winter. We also have Indian Runners and Anconas. -- and Geese

RitzyBud

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
Maine
Do the males have bigger bills than the females? Is your goose friendly? I have one and hold it so much in hopes it'll be friendly!

RitzyBud

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
Maine
I also got mine two weeks ago,on the 9th and it's so crazy how much they have grown since then! :)

Learningstill

Songster
6 Years
Jun 10, 2013
We got ours already matured. The drakes do have bigger bills. The ducks are friendly. Our drakes hang back while the ducks come right up to us.

RitzyBud

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
Maine
We got ours already matured. The drakes do have bigger bills. The ducks are friendly. Our drakes hang back while the ducks come right up to us.
Thanks for answering, one of my Saxony has a HUGE bill compared to the other one.

Learningstill

Songster
6 Years
Jun 10, 2013
I am not sure if that trait is a determining gender trait, but maybe someone with saxony duckling experience can clarify. Mine are full grown and there is a difference between the bils, but again they are not ducklings. Our biggest drake has the largest bill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom