Saxony Ducklings

I am not sure if that trait is a determining gender trait, but maybe someone with saxony duckling experience can clarify. Mine are full grown and there is a difference between the bils, but again they are not ducklings. Our biggest drake has the largest bill.
I'm assuming this one is a drake, they're both the same age, the one with the bigger bill also has a bigger body. Here are pictures of them at 2 days old. I'll take new

pictures of them later.

I clearly can see a difference in their bills. It will be interesting to see if their bill size difference revealed their gender. Anyone else see this?

Updated pics. One with the bigger bill is on the right here.

Bigger duck - right

Bigger duck- Left
Bigger duck- right, this one is to show the body size difference

Bigger duck - The one in the back.

They are both the same age.

Gosh, I wonder if you are able to tell the gender by the size and bill? They clearly are different....mmmmm? The bigger duckling looks more manly. You will have to update this when you confirm their genders. It will be interesting to see. I attempted to research a bit more and did not find anything supportive, but who knows. Cute baby ducks! What other breeds do you have?

It does look more manly, it's just a bigger duck in general and they're the same age.
I'l update this when I confirm their genders for sure.
I only have 2 other ducklings and they're both cayugas. The cayugas have male names and the saxony have female names but I think I might be changing one of the saxony's names soon! :p

Back
Top Bottom