Say what?

Darklingstorm

Songster
9 Years
Jan 10, 2011
Durant, Oklahoma
Yesterday I got an interesting visitor, a little girl around the age of 8.
She rang my doorbell and asked:
Her:Can I HAVE one of your roosters.
Me: We don't have any roosters, just hens and no you can't have one
Her: why not
Me: they are for food, eggs first then when older we will eat them
Her: that is cruel
Me: no that is food and life
Her: then can I have one of your ducks
Me: no, we are going to eat the eggs and they are our pets

She walked away without saying a word. Told my neighbor/friend about it and she told me that the little girl's parents send her out to people's houses and ask for things. She came to my friend a couple of weeks ago asking for cellphone batteries and chargers. She was also caught by my friend taking big cutting off an elderly ladies rose bush, also a neighbor who is in the hospital, per the girl's mother's request.
So now I'm keeping an extra eye out for my chickens/ducks and asked the neighbors to also keep an eye out. My chickens are skittish around strangers but they also free range in my yard. Thinking about a video camera for the coop at night and yard during the day. We have had things come up missing before and our cars (unlocked) were gone through. Don't believe it was her but she could have older brothers or others family friends.

Crazy parents!!!
ep.gif

Quote:
hate to agree but people will resort and use children for all sorts of things, which is why this is a reportable issue with CPS. That child needs more help than people know. I know from experience.

Ema

Back
Top Bottom