Saying Goodbye

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by iluvorpingtons, Sep 22, 2012.

1. iluvorpingtons

iluvorpingtons Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2012
    Backstage
    My EE just died from a heart attack. She didn't come out of the coop and then she started convulsing. I went inside to call the vet because I had no idea what was happening, and when I came back, LuLu had passed. It ran in her family so there was nothing I could do but I still feel terrible because I've had her for almost two years and she was absolutely fine the day before. I just keep walking into the backyard expecting her to walk up to me, then the subconcious part of me says "She's gone" and it really hurts.

[​IMG]

2. serama hen

serama hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2012
    Nothern New Jersey
    i know how you feel when i gave up my chicken i couldnt stop sitting in their empty coop and cry i raised them from babies and they ment the world to me and dont make the mistake i made replace it quickly same breed if you like so that gap can be filled or you will go into depression and hurry also your not alone[​IMG]

3. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    I'm so sorry for your loss. That's so sad. This was just four days before 3 of our favorite chickens got killed. We had this rooster named Rocky. For that whole rest of the week, I felt like I was gonna hear his little Pipsqueak crow, but I didn't. I know how you feel.

4. tashpotato

tashpotato Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2013
    North Yorkshire
    Poor thing :( I hope you are ok and can somehow fill the gap. i know that you can't replace a lost pet, but a new member of the pet family always helps :)

5. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    So sorry. My condolences to you & the others who have lost chickens. [​IMG]

6. serama hen

serama hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2012
    Nothern New Jersey
    Tahnks you guys. It means a lot.[​IMG]

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member