Scab on hens foot!

Not a clear picture...couldn't get her to stop limping around... poor girl, it probably hurt alot having a pine needle THROUGH her foot totally!

And after I took it out and sprayed with Hydrogen Peroxidide.

I heard back from my friend, and she said that soaking in epsom salts, then wrapping with a bandage should do the trick. I am supposed to clean it every 2 days. Sure enough, after soaking in the salts, a piece of the scab peeled off! Hopefully this will work - here's a pic! (Gloria gave me quite the fight and many angry stink eyes.... I now call her, "The Angry Bird"!)

The makeshift bandage....

"I highly despise you right now...."

"Let go of my dear foot, you evil bandage! Or else I shall slay you with my stink eye!"

I heard back from my friend, and she said that soaking in epsom salts, then wrapping with a bandage should do the trick.  I am supposed to clean it every 2 days.    Sure enough, after soaking in the salts, a piece of the scab peeled off!     Hopefully this will work - here's a pic!  (Gloria gave me quite the fight and many angry stink eyes.... I now call her, "The Angry Bird"!)

The makeshift bandage....

"I highly despise you right now...."

"Let go of my dear foot, you evil bandage!   Or else I shall slay you with my stink eye!"

Oh that's wonderful! I knew a nurse would help :)

Injuries like that kind of are the same for humans/dogs/cats/birds/etc.

How is Gloria doing? Love the photos of her obvious disgust with the bandage! She is a very expressive girl and I hope she is doing much better.

Back
Top Bottom