Scalped Turken

Sheepheart

Songster
Dec 29, 2020
So my mother got some Turken chicks, and I loved them as they have great personalities and make good decisions, now they have gotten to an age where they’ve decided to establish a pecking order and getting into small skirmishes, nothing had been very serious but I had one come up to me with its scalp flapping around.
I’m not to sure what I should do for her, I’m thinking I should remove the scalp so the others don’t decide to pull at it, but then should I cover her bald spot and if so with what?

She doesn’t care if I move the flap around.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 9
So my mother got some Turken chicks, and I loved them as they have great personalities and make good decisions, now they have gotten to an age where they’ve decided to establish a pecking order and getting into small skirmishes, nothing had been very serious but I had one come up to me with its scalp flapping around.
I’m not to sure what I should do for her, I’m thinking I should remove the scalp so the others don’t decide to pull at it, but then should I cover her bald spot and if so with what?

She doesn’t care if I move the flap around.
I'd remove the flap of skin. Just keep the area clean, & moist to help with healing. No wrapping. Needs to air heal.

You can keep moist with either plain non pain Relieving Triple Antibiotic ointment, or petroleum Jelly. Make sure the area gets a few hours, to about a day of airing out before a new application of moisture.

I'd remove the flap of skin. Just keep the area clean, & moist to help with healing. No wrapping. Needs to air heal.

You can keep moist with either plain non pain Relieving Triple Antibiotic ointment, or petroleum Jelly. Make sure the area gets a few hours, to about a day of airing out before a new application of moisture.
Fantastic, thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom