Scaly leg mites

Here are 2 girl's feet. The SLM damage is a bit hard to see now because of the vaseline. The grey girl has by far the worst feet as far as SLM go.
I can't win for losing right now because the golden lace wyandotte in the pics, I had to bring in because of bumblefoot.

20191203_100909.jpg 20191203_093219.jpg 20191203_093132.jpg 20191203_092324.jpg

Attachments

• 20191203_100909.jpg
    20191203_100909.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 19
That's doesn't look too bad, have seen much worse.
Only time will tell if new scales will be generated.

Ya I think I got it in good time. The grey girl, she's a copper maran named Georgie, has her scales lifting and a bit deformed under all the feathers on her legs. But they seem much better now so the vaseline is working.
I also got all of, if not then most of the corn out of the bumble on my girl Blanche's foot. She's got another small spot on the other foot but by the time I got the first and worst foot done she was hot as anything because we were inside. I brought her back to the coop and I'll treat it soon.

Oh...pretty sure the lice are gone too. When I brought Blanche in to do her foot I was waiting to see if I'd get the lice on my arms and pants from it being so warm. This is what happened with my other birds that came in the house for a short period of time. Nothing came crawling off so that's good. I took a quick look in the warmer area under the wing and near the hock and saw nothing. So the low dose seems to have worked.

The flock how are your girls doing is the Vaseline alone working on the mites?
It’s my first case of scaly leg and I have to say it really really turns my stomach and not much does ugh. My little bantam girl and rooster had it bad. The bantams never let me pick them up so I guess I just neglected them.. I feel really bad. I did the soapy water, scrubbed with a tooth brush, put olive oil on one coconut on the other and then vaseline. Also a little orange essential oil.
There’s so many different remedies on here.
I also grabbed a few other hens and put just Vaseline even tho they looked fine- I really hope it helps.
I was thinking maybe I’ll do the castor oil with tea tree paint brush method.

Back
Top Bottom