Scary Bator

It seems to be heating up. Is it normal for the heating element to turn on & off? The light on the top isn't lite up now and it sounded like the heating element turned off. Is this normal???????

OOOps! The light on the top is back on.

The themometer that came with it is broken. I have a Fluker's Them/hygrometer combo digital that I bought at Petco......will that be ok?

I keep thinking that sparks will start flying any min. LOL!

Quote:
Thank you! I wanted to make sure that was normal and I wasn't going to blow anything up.
gig.gif
I can't believe that it is working. I have been so scared to plug it in. This is so exciting! Now, lets just see if it will hold the correct temp.

Experienced hatchers....I need your help getting started. What else do I need?

MissPrissy is right thats the thermostat kicking off and on...the light also helps with the temp...its fine!!...lol...my lights on this lyons do not work anymore and I should replace them but the lady that had this before I bought it said they had died years ago and it still worked well for her so she didn't change them!!.... try your flukers in it....but I just use a cheap old accurite from walmart for humidity and temp... plus the thermometer thats attached to my lyons still works great so thats what I rely on....

Quote:
Thanks! OK..... I've had the Flukers in there and it's reading 96.4 at the moment. Should I get another themometer before I hatch to have 2 to compare the temp?

So you don't use an automatic turner in your lyons?

Thanks so much for your help!
smile.png

My old Lyons was made wayyyyy before turners came into view I think!...lol...I hand turn 3 times a day....

I would get another thermometer just incase and compare......

Quote:
I think this one is from the 60's also, b/c my husband swears he was just a kid when his grandpa used it. I'll know when I call the Co. tomorrow. It was still in it's orginally box from Montgomery Wards.

The broucher/ directions says that the eggs should be turned once on the second day and 3x's a day after the second day until the 18th. This is what makes me nervous...turning them manually.

Back
Top Bottom