Scary Bator

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
What model of Brower do you have? Those new ones look so nice w/ the big clear viewing top.

Thats the one I have. It has the clear round top. I used it for my first time in december and got a 95% hatch. I would not trade it for anything​

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what makes it easy to turn eggs in your bator? The fact that it is round. Just take your hand and roll all the eggs over about half way, kind of like a ranbow motion, and they are turned! Put the cover on and let them go.

See if you can't turn the thermometer knob up to get temp to 101 deg at egg level, since there is no fan.

You will do fine turning them by hand...its not that hard a deal, just take your time and do not rush...I've never had a problem hand turning....100% hatches in this Lyons with my own eggs...

Hey I have an old Brower Top hatch as well. Mine is an 11670-3 model. It is the only one I havem and I love mine! I usually get between 95 - 100 % hatches. I just wish it had a bigger window.

newbator.jpg

insideNewbator.jpg

Have fun with it. One thing I have learned...there are holes in the top, and bottom. I dont have the original plugs that came with it. So in the bottom, I placed large stones over the holes...and on the top, I use tape to cover the holes, when I need to get the humidity up.

Quote:
WOW! That does look a lot like this one, but yours looks bigger. How many eggs will it hold? 95% - 100% hatch rate is great!

Thanks for the advice about the holes. This one does have holes on the top and bottom. I guess I don't have the plugs either.

This one only has a tiny round viewing window also.

Mine has the round bottom and wire mesh like justusnak's and will hold 18 Standard eggs....this one has a transparent glass all the way around the sides...it's so much fun to sit and watch them pip...the grandsons love to pull up a chair and just watch....

I'll get pics up as soon as I have a camera that will load onto my computer...mines not loading right now....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom