School is out!! Bored already???

We don't get out until next week; DS on the 18th and DH and I on the 20th. We leave almost right away on a trip then we manage to keep busy. DH works a summer job and DS and I keep ourselves entertained. We go to the beach, the playground, the library, a friend's pool, the backyard lol. Last summer his school had vacation programs and that helped. They aren't doing it this year so other than gymnastic on Friday afternoons and swim lessons at some point it's the two of us most days.

I rememeber summer break, it was always being outside playing with friends, pools, just doing stuff..not sitting around in the house. But all fairness to my son, we live so far from any neighbors, there are no other kids but my daughter (4),and the 3 kids I watch ( 6 months, 7 months and 15 months) So for him, he can't go out and find a friend to play with. So DH and I have lots of weekend trips to the beach planned, we have a place right on the water, so there is plenty to do there! We have an aquarium trip, zoo trip and up to camp in the PA mountains. So lots of fun stuff to do, but the rest of the "boring" days , he will just have to stick with his little sis I guess...lol

Today, not so bad...lol.. I did the ol'...If you don't find something to do, I will find something for you...he took off!!! I did make him do his school journal, but that was a five minute task and he was done. He and his sister got along great today! They went outside and played for quite a while. Now that the heat and humidity has gone down a bit, it makes it much more comfortable to be outside!!

Man... What I wouldn't give to be bored again!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter's last day of 3rd grade was yesterday. She's home with dad and actually was looking forward to sleeping in, lounging around. Poor kids are pushed too hard these days! I'm sure by Friday, DH will be ready to pull his hair out. She starts camp next week thankfully.​

My son who is 13 called me at work yesterday telling me that a tree fell into the chicken yard and that the fence was crushed. He wanted to know what I wanted him to do.... I asked him severel questions and then told him I was coming home. Then he says, "JUST KIDDING". That was his 2nd day home. :mad: I don't know if I can handle 3 months of these kind of jokes.......

Sorry Heidi, but that made me laugh a little. Not that he would come up with a cruel joke like that, but that he's so bored that's all he could come up with. If it was me, at that age, I would have been way more elaborate.
tongue.png

I graduated last year in May, and I cant wait to start college this Fall!! I really miss school, even though Summer can be fun. It just takes YOU making it fun, and Im pretty boring,lol.

Quote:
Mine LOVE the wii (and every other gaming device that they have), but they get limited oppurtunities to play it and they can be assured if they complain of being bored, WII is NOT what they'll be getting to do. hehe

Your house sounds like fun! The zip line, especially! :)

Thanks! I think it is fun. That would explain why all our two sons friends like to hang out here the best. Which was kind of our plan, so we could know where they are, and who they are with as they grow older. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the basketball hoop and the spare fridge full of drinks!

Today's the first day of summer for my crew too.

Guess what- they were NOT bored today!

House cleaning, top to bottom for the appraisors that were coming out today.

Asher, I think you and I must have gone to the same 'Mommy" school - my kids are very familiar with MY solutions to being bored...

tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom