scientists crack the chicken or the egg riddle

backdoorchicken

Songster
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
newport news va
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

It is an age-old riddle that has perplexed generations: Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Now British scientists claim to have finally come up with the definitive answer: The chicken.

The scientific and philosophical mystery was purportedly unraveled by researchers at Sheffield and Warwick universities, according to the Daily Mail newspaper.

The scientists found that a protein found only in a chicken's ovaries is necessary for the formation of the egg, according to the paper Wednesday. The egg can therefore only exist if it has been created inside a chicken.

The protein speeds up the development of the hard shell, which is essential in protecting the delicate yolk and fluids while the chick grows inside the egg, the report said.

"It had long been suspected that the egg came first but now we have the scientific proof that shows that in fact the chicken came first," said Dr. Colin Freeman, from Sheffield University's Department of Engineering Materials, according to the Mail.

"The protein had been identified before and it was linked to egg formation, but by examining it closely we have been able to see how it controls the process," he said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38238685/ns/technology_and_science-science/?Gt1=43001

My husband once gave a speech at a group he belongs to and he explained how he solved it and he needed no expensive research lab either.

We had our first 12 chicks at that time in the coop and had been feeding them for months with no egg in sight so he explained undoubtly the chicken came first and the egg came many months after feeding and threatening them.
big_smile.png

Your tax dollars hard at work!

LOL, seriously, anyone who believes in evolution would have said the chicken. That was always my belief in accordance to evolution.

Quote:
Both the evolution AND creation theories. Seriously...why would the Almighty create something that needs heat and turning in order to hatch, then survive until it can maintain it's own body heat. It would make more sense to simply create a being that is ready to reproduce.

The important thing is... I WAS RIGHT! (And now I can prove it to DBF!)

Quote:
British scientists claim to have finally come up with the definitive answer

I refuse a political debate about how much of our US money is actually overseas.

Back
Top Bottom