Scolded by my chicken

The hens whine sometimes when I'm late to feed but it is the roosters that like to give me a piece of their mind, especially if I'm messing with one of their hens. Crowing, strutting, flapping their wings but smart enough to keep their distance, usually. Once I was kneeling down looking at an injured hen and was paying such close attention to her that I didn't notice the roo come up beside me. He crowed not 6 inches from my ear, taking me completely by surprise. I instinctively brought my arm up to protect my head and it caught him in the chest sending him tumbling to the other side of the pen. He gave me a wide berth for a while. Now if I mess with one of his hens he waits until I leave his pen and then he crows and stomps. Chickens remind me so much of two year old kids.
smile.png

They are such little kids, aren't they?!

Well, I got my camera and went out to see what I could capture. I'm a bit disappointed. Nothing like yesterday morning. I think they weren't as worked up because I obviously wasn't doing anything other than paying attention to them and I think they were maybe thinking I was planning to let them out. When I got cold and went in they started doing the big complaining. I grabbed my camera and went out and caught this tiny bit as I was coming out. Then the neighbor walked by and said hello and all the complaining stopped (and I had to go explain what all the complaining was about). Yesterday her tone was a loud and real low pitch and more of a long solid sound rather than a squawking.

It's not what I was hoping for, but here it is.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom