Score

ridgefire

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
Northern Michigan
I was at my Home Depot today. I ran into the lumber manager, we were talking and I asked if they ever have any broken rigid foam insulation and what they did with it. He said well today one of the guys ran into a stack of foam with a forklift and broke a bunch of sheets. He took me to look at them, I asked him how much he said if I take the whole stack of broken ones he would sell the bigger ones for a buck a sheet. So I said sure. I have about 15 sheets of foam, only 4 were in small pieces.
So for those of us on a tight budget dont be afraid to ask if they have any broken or damaged lumber or materials they want to get rid of. I have gotten OSB at a huge savings because the corner was broke off.

Well here is what I did with the foam.

005.jpg

008-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

006.jpg

I ended up with a hole from the damage but hey a little duct tape can fix anything

I have hard board that I will use to cover the walls to keep the chicks from pecking apart the foam.

Last edited:
Great find........we always ask each lumber store or feed store about broken bags/wood ANYTHING....... I got 5 bags of layer crumbles and pellets for the price of 2 just the other day...........just bags that had broken and such..... what a savings I sure did need it... we also buy all the bundles of misc wood we can...... it is wonderful to make it cheaper.....

Back
Top Bottom