Scrambbled Eggs??

NCchicken

Songster
9 Years
Sep 8, 2010
So I have read on here numerous times that a good source of protein to give your chickens is their eggs scrambled up. Is this really true? I just find it odd. I have already done it twice, my chickens just go crazy over them, but other people I have told think I am crazy and that it is cannibalizm and now I'm second guessing myself.
idunno.gif

Thanks!

Nothing at all wrong with it. It's a good source of protein for them, and most chickens love eggs. Just be sure you cook them and don't give them raw. They can eat them raw, but it might give them a taste for it, and they could start eating the eggs they lay. It's not cannibalism. The eggs aren't developed. And chickens will eat just about anything, including chicken meat. Feed the eggs, and let your chickens enjoy them! It's a good way to use up surplus eggs that you can't finish up.

Heck...I even feed my chickens CHICKEN...lol (I tell them it's pork though
tongue.png
). Yeah, it sounds off, but egg and meat are huge sources of protein, so I give my girls both (fish, especially salmon, is great too).

Phew...thanks everyone! I feel so much better now!
big_smile.png
Now, on to ignoring all those silly non chicken owner people who are disgusted with me feeding my chickens scrambled eggs. But my husband still thinks it's disgusting and refuses to be any part of it though.

Hi - I have a silly question I suppose - I finally got my first egg yesterday (yeah!!!) but since my girls were on duramycin until Thursday of last week, cannot use it - two week wait period (right?)
hu.gif
But can I scramble it up and feed it back to my girls?
fl.gif

I would really hate to chuck my first egg...
idunno.gif

My girls watch me butcher the meaties and try like heck to get the guts
sickbyc.gif

We through the guts in the fire pit and burn them, but them darn girls still try to get them. They do love eggs with cheese and they even ate bbq chicken off the leg bone.

Back
Top Bottom