scrambled eggs and toast

rainplace

Interstellar Duck Academy
10 Years
Jun 23, 2009
Northwestern Washington
Saturday I got my very first egg. I cracked it open to look at it and, yep, it looks just like an egg... lol. It was fertile as well.

No egg yesterday then two eggs today. I was a little scared to eat them... dunno why. I finally got over it and scrambled them up and slopped them on some toast... yummy!

Here's Saturday's egg... yes, I took a picture
smile.png

firstegg.jpg

Ha ha, I understand the apprehensiveness all too well!
big_smile.png
My turkey just started laying eggs, and I just can't eat them yet....think I'll have DH try it first...to see if it tastes different!!

Hey congrats! I got my first two duck eggs of the season today. Never had any trouble eating them but was real squeamish about the goose eggs. I had heard they were tough and rubbery. When I finally fried them up they were yummy.

I had never eaten my own ducks eggs- Just something I never did- but recently went to a friends house. We had Quiche for lunch- made from duck eggs. It was delicious- but i still dont think I could ever eat one of my own ducks eggs.

Congrats on your ducky laying!

Duck eggs are wonderful! I would eat a duck egg over a chicken egg any day, and I have both.
To the person who said turkeys lay double yolk eggs...they can, just like any bird, but their eggs usually only have one yolk.

Back
Top Bottom