scrambled eggs and toast

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by rainplace, Jan 25, 2010.

1. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Saturday I got my very first egg. I cracked it open to look at it and, yep, it looks just like an egg... lol. It was fertile as well.

No egg yesterday then two eggs today. I was a little scared to eat them... dunno why. I finally got over it and scrambled them up and slopped them on some toast... yummy!

Here's Saturday's egg... yes, I took a picture [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Looks great! I can't wait to get fresh duck eggs again!

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Ha ha, I understand the apprehensiveness all too well! [​IMG] My turkey just started laying eggs, and I just can't eat them yet....think I'll have DH try it first...to see if it tastes different!!

4. kingpincray

kingpincray Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Palmerston North
    congrats [​IMG] I have to wait for a few more months for mine to grow up and lay...

5. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Some one told me awhile back that turkeys lay double yokers but only one hatches..

6. cracking up

cracking up Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    Hey congrats! I got my first two duck eggs of the season today. Never had any trouble eating them but was real squeamish about the goose eggs. I had heard they were tough and rubbery. When I finally fried them up they were yummy.

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I had never eaten my own ducks eggs- Just something I never did- but recently went to a friends house. We had Quiche for lunch- made from duck eggs. It was delicious- but i still dont think I could ever eat one of my own ducks eggs.

Congrats on your ducky laying!

8. Willowbrook

Willowbrook Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    western PA
    Duck eggs are wonderful! I would eat a duck egg over a chicken egg any day, and I have both.
    To the person who said turkeys lay double yolk eggs...they can, just like any bird, but their eggs usually only have one yolk.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by