Scrambled eggs cause a pile up!

blakeh1

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Ennis texas
My Coop
My Coop
Haven't found many treats that my 4 br and 2 gsl really enjoy. But that all changed with a half of a scrambled egg entered the picture tonight. They were piling up to get to the bowl lol. The poor gsl's finally got tired of fighting for a bite and picked up what got slung on the groung lol
null_zpscbdff7fe.jpg

I've been thinking of serving up some mashed, hard boiled eggs to mine but haven't gotten around to it yet. After reading this, I must put that on my "to do" list for tomorrow!

Fun! I had not found a treat mine enjoyed either until tonight. I had made a batch of homemade yogurt and put some aside for my 3.5 wk old girls .... I had heard chickens like it ... but mine have not seemed to like the treats that others praise. I set the dish in their run and they didn't pay it much attention for about 10min ... but then one brave one took a nibble and chirped a call to the others and they all came running. Yogurt was slinging and they devoured it!

My chickens really like apple sauce. I am thinking I will try them with some yogurt today and see what they think of that. I gave them meal worms and my Fayoumis went nuts over those.

Back
Top Bottom