Scrambled Eggs

MissChessy

Songster
12 Years
Sep 24, 2007
Texas
Does anyone have a sure fire way of making scrambled eggs in the microwave? My husband tried this and he made a huge mess. I had to use a pot scrubber to clean my pudding bowl out.
lol.png

When we do scrambled eggs in the micro, we use a glass bowl and cover with saran wrap. Cook a minute, stir, cook another min, stir and when it's almost done don't cook any longer, just let them set for a few minutes and they finish on their own. You can also cook on a medium heat instead of high heat.

I can't help you with that one. I use a cast iron frying pan for scrambled eggs.

I have seen one of those microwave dishes that is supposed to cook eggs well in there. Have you tried one of those?

From the "What It's Worth Department"
gig.gif

I cook eggs in the microwave every day that I make my world famous breakfast sandwich. Some days I scramble them and other days I just break the yoke and nuke it on a saucer.
The secret to scrambled eggs is as Redfeathers said, " Cook for a short period and then stir. Continue doing so until almost cooked. They are ever so fluffly this way, unlike when you do them in a skillet on the stove top.
I also spray a saucer with nonstick cooking spray, then break an egg into it. I pierce or break the yoke with a fork. Place it in the microwave for 25 to 30 seconds. Flip egg over and cook another 25 to 30 seconds. The secret here is that you have to break the yoke. If you don't, the microwave will break it for you and you won't like the mess to clean up.
barnie.gif

I got one of those microwave egg poachers from the kitchen gadget department at the walmart. You can fix them scrambled in it or just sunnyside. If you don't scramble just prick the yolk. At least with the poacher the mess is easy to clean up. I put a squirt of spray butter in it and that's it. You have to tweak the time depending on the machine, but they work easy.

I assume you are wanting it for human consumption? I ask b/c I was cooking 3 eggs a day in the microwave for my show dane and there for didn't care about the consistancy/tasteas much as I would have if it were mine.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom