"Scrambled" - Polish pullet or cockerel??

LeeAnneG

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 18, 2017
Kentucky
This is Scrambled - my Polish ...about 9 weeks old on estimate. Any thoughts to if they are a she or a he?? I had two Polish as a kid and both were roosters ... broke my heart and really hoping this one won't also (but worried it will ...). Would love to hear any thoughts! Thanks!
20170628_185446.jpg 20170628_185519.jpg

I see no comb or wattles so I would think pullet, that is quite the crest. The laced varieties have a more disheveled crest than the neat and tidy white crested varieties.

I see no comb or wattles so I would think pullet, that is quite the crest. The laced varieties have a more disheveled crest than the neat and tidy white crested varieties.

That's good to know ... I was worried the disheveled/wild look was leaning heavily toward rooster! At least that gives me a little more hope. I see no wattles either but wasn't sure how well they would show up. Thanks!

I am assuming the first one is a rooster due to the spikes on the crest and the other is a pullet since the crest is smoother. I hatched them on April 6th so no crowing yet. Do you agree?

Attachments

• IMG_20170629_152333.jpg
    IMG_20170629_152333.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
I am assuming the first one is a rooster due to the spikes on the crest and the other is a pullet since the crest is smoother. I hatched them on April 6th so no crowing yet. Do you agree?

Those are a little older than mine (probably 3 weeks or so) ... the one has a big comb and wattles (mine has none showing and looks more like your other one) but that 'do sure looks a lot like Scrambled's!! I'm totally confused as to what he/she is at this point!

Back
Top Bottom