Seabrights Breeding Question.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by texascowboy1979, Jul 10, 2010.

1. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a seabright male... Standard in my opinion because he is a normal size. I did not buy him, he was one of those free chicks they give away when you make a purchase.. any hoo... I went on craigs list and found some seabrights in a local area... What luck, so I went to see them and they were half the size, the parents were smaller than my seabright so I take it they are bantams...

So what happens when you breed a Standard Male to a bantam female? they would still be seabrights...

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I doubt you have a Sebright. That breed does not come in large "standard" size, its standard IS bantam. Sebrights are a true bantam breed and are not a bred down version of a large fowl.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  3. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    What color is the tail on the standard size bird?

4. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Sebrights are a true bantam breed, they have no standard counterparts. They are also hen feathered. They should be about the size of OEGB, and both the males and females very cocky in stance.

5. texascowboy1979

6. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:That is a Silver Spangled Hamburg, not a Sebright.

7. encorepistol

encorepistol Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    Yep no doubt!!

8. texascowboy1979

Wow... I guess a picture is worth a thousand words... My bad... sorry... The comb looks the same, the color... I thought it was a seabright.
    Sorry

9. texascowboy1979

Thanks everyone, I have updated my site...

again... sorry i confused the Silver Spangled Hamburg with a sebright... good thing I bought a trio of sebrights from the guy... at least now I can keep them together and not cross them with the Silver Spangled Hamburg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by